Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Rock N Learn

This week I've been given 4 preview DVD's from Rock N Learn- and as some down time after a park date today was the perfect time to try one out. We watched Letter Sounds http://rocknlearn.com/html/letter_sounds.htm

And now you can get a bundle of two DVD's for the price of one- http://educents.com/national-deals/deal/words-sounds-bundles#.UdM9B_lQLoI

I was excited to start the DVD as it looked interesting and informative- as a homeschooler we are always looking for "educational opportunities" and if my kids are watching television then I certainly hope they are learning something positive! It was long- just over an hour- but the kids were glued to it the whole time- which I found surprising. It was engaging and enjoyable. The age range suggested was 4-7 and my 3, 4 and 7 year old were watching with interest.

It was really too young for my 7 year old to watch more than once, and my 3 and 4 year old were a captive audience- however it went a bit too quickly at times for them to actually be reading the words on the screen (there were pauses but they were not quite long enough) .Although the benefit of the dvd is that you can watch it again and again until they are able to!

I appreciated the opportunity to review this DVD and am looking forward to watching the other DVD's with my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment